2013 Digging OpenSpecial Plume Bed Digging With Bob Rowland
- Memorial Day Weekend: May 25, 26, 27
- Pow Wow Days: June 20 - 30
- Labor Day Weekend: August 31 - September 2
With fuel prices soaring in a sinking economy, it is even more important that we help you to make the most of your time on our ranch.
- Please read “How we Operate”
- Call ahead to check on digging availability. Our digging is seasonal and weather permitting so roads can close when wet and reopened once they dry.
- Arrive before 3 p.m. if you wish to go dig. We open at 7 a.m. to give you the opportunity to arrive early (especially in the heat of the summer), make the drive out to the digging, dig in one of our beds, then return to the shop and send some thundereggs back to be cut.
- Follow the driving directions on our website. After 9/11 the post office assigned us a physical address, and unfortunately there is no N.E. Hay Creek Road so the internet will direct you to Hay Creek Ranch which is lovely, but it’s not us and not a rock shop or tourist destination.
We hope your visit with us will be a Great Adventure and you go home with treasures that you will cherish for years to come.
Norma, John, Bonnie and Casey Richardson
We reserve the Right to refuse entrance and service to anyone.
Richardson’s Rock Ranch is a family-owned and operated enterprise providing family recreation. The ranch is a working cattle ranch, supplemented by recreational activities. Highlighting the ranch are the world famous agate beds, featuring thundereggs and ledge agate material. Rocks from all over the world can be found at our rock shop. Our goal is to provide “Fun for Everyone” - rockhounding, photography, and more.
We are located approximately 11 miles north of Madras, Oregon, just a few miles east of Highway 97. Please see the Driving Directions for more information on how to locate the ranch.
Rock Shop open 7am - 5pm daily.
March - October: Arrive before 3pm to dig.